Project SEARCH - Tuesday 13th February 2024 - 11:30am to 1:30pm
A transition to work programme for young adults with learning disabilities and/or autism aged 16 to 24 years old.
Project SEARCH is a one-year internship programme for students with learning disabilities and/or autism, whose goal is competitive employment in the community.
The London Borough of Redbridge have partnered with Project SEARCH, Astrum Multi-Academy Trust and Barking Havering & Redbridge NHS Trust to provide supported internship opportunities.
Supported by a Job Coach and Tutor, students participate in three internships within the hospital to explore a variety of career paths, learning transferable work skills as they go.
Internships within the hospital could include Portering, Catering Assistant, Receptionist, Admin Assistant, Data Entry Assistant, Stores Assistant, Ward Assistant, assisting in departments such as X-Ray and Eye Treatment.
Project Search Recruiting Interns Now for 2024-2025
- Do you have an EHCP?
- Do you have a learning disability and/or autism?
- Are you aged 16 -24 years old?
- Is your ambition to get paid employment and to be more independent?
- Are you able to travel independently or are willing to attend travel training?
- Can you attend the Assessment and Skills day (date to be advised once applications have been received)
When: Tuesday 13th February 2024
From: 11:30am to 1:30pm
Where: Lecture Theatre 2, Queens Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford, RM7 0AG
For more information, please contact: SEND.SI@redbridge.gov.uk
The applicaiton form is available on the download seciton of this page in PDF and Word format.