Redbridge Libraries can help people stay connected!
Redbridge Libraries are participating in the National Databank Programme to provide free internet access to anyone struggling to afford to get online.
Parents may be eligible to receive a free SIM card through the scheme, the scheme is open to all asylum seekers and families with no recourse to public funds.
The following data is available to eligible participants for up to 6 months:
- 02 Pay as you go: 20GB free calls and texts for 30 days from activation
- Vodaphone: 20GB free calls and texts
- Three: 24GB in total
You will need to provide your own device to use with the data plan.
They have a limited number of SIM cards available each month. These will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis and must be collected in person from one of the following libraries: Fullwell Cross Library; Gants Hill Library; Goodmayes Library; Hainault Library; Keith Axon Library; Redbridge Central Library or Wanstead Library.
If demand exceeds the amount of SIM cards, parents will be placed on a waiting list and offered a card or voucher at the next available opportunity.
It’s very simple to apply – Just pop into one of the participating libraries or contact them by phone or email:
- Goodmayes.Library@visionrcl.org.uk – Goodmayes & Keith Axon (020 8708 7750)
- Central.Library@visionrcl.org.uk – Redbridge Central (020 8708 2414)
- FullwellCross.Library@visionrcl.org.uk – Fullwell Cross & Hainault (020 8708 9281)
- GantsHill.Library@visionrcl.org.uk – Gants Hill (020 8708 9274)
- Wanstead.Library@visionrcl.org.uk – Wanstead (020 8708 7400)
There are no deadlines, applications can be made at any time.
If you are unsure if you qualify, then please contact your local branch for a confidential chat.