Welcome to the NELFT stop smoking service. We are a free NHS service whose aim is to provide free advice, information and support to smokers in Redbridge who wish to quit smoking. You are up to four times more likely to quit smoking with support and we are focussed on giving you every possible chance of success.
Our free service is provided by professional stop smoking advisers who are committed to helping smokers quit. Advisers have wide experience of helping people to quit smoking and understand the difficulties as well as the support required to be successful. Our stop smoking support is friendly, non-judgemental and informal.
Smokers can chose from a number of support options including:
- 1-1 support – Pharmacy
- 1-1 support – GP Practice
- 1-1 support – Specialist community clinic
- 1-1 support – Hospital
- NELFT Quitline
- E ’cigarette friendly service (although we cannot supply e ‘cigs, we can give the behavioural support that makes a big difference to success rates)
For help to quit smoking via the NELFT Quitline please call 0800 032 0102 9:00 am - 7:30 pm Tuesday to Thursday.
Outline of treatment programme
- Weekly sessions (minimum 5 sessions)
- Advice on how to manage cravings and withdrawal
- A choice of stop smoking medications, Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patch, gum, etc), Zyban or Champix available on prescription
- Support tailored to your needs