Education Welfare Service (LBR)
The Education Welfare Service (EWS) promotes the importance of regular school attendance and investigates the causes of poor attendance. The EWS works closely with schools, parents, young people and other agencies to secure this.
The service also has responsibilities for delivery of statutory services which include: child employment and licensing, the monitoring and tracking of young people missing education (CME) and enforcement of attendance under the Education Act (1996) and Children Act (1989).
In addition the EWS provides training and advice on Child Protection matters.
Please visit the Redbridge Council web page for more information on:
- Children missing from education (CME)
- Am I responsible for my child’s school attendance?
- What the law says
- Taking your child out of school for a holiday during term time
- What could happen if your child misses school
- Persistent lateness
- When is it OK for your child to stay away from school
Who to contact
- 020 8708 6020 020 8708 6020
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Lynton House 255-259
- IG1 1NN
- View IG1 1NN on a map
- Age Ranges
- 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18