Newbridge Outreach Service supports pupils who have:
- Physical difficulties – cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy etc
- Medical conditions – transplants, diabetes. Epilepsy, on going health needs
- Dyspraxia / Dyslexia – Specific learning Difficulties Profile
- Difficulties with handwriting / recording ideas and concepts
- Difficulties in PE and require physical programmes
- Difficulties with fine and gross motor control
Newbridge Outreach Service will visit and assess pupils aged 2 to 19 years with a Statement of Educational Needs and pupils at School Action Plus.
Pupils are referred to us by SENCO's, Educational Psychologist's or Other Advisory agencies
How do you refer a pupil?
- Raise your concerns with SENCO, plan and implement strategies. If these are unsuccessful discuss referral with SENCO.
- Referral to Newbridge via Newbridge referral form by SENCO or Head
- Pupils will be seen in order if referral.
Support may be offered through:
- Individual assessment, conclusions provided in a written assessment
- Individual physical programme designed to support pupil’s needs
- Staff training – small groups, whole school, parents
- Hand skill groups run in school to work with pupils and train staff
- Collaborative working with physio and OT to provide a joint programme of support.
- Referral for ICT assessment
- Recommendation and loan of resources specific to need.
- Disability awareness training for staff and pupils (PSHE)
Requests for support from this service should come from the mainstream school or the local authority.