Nursery Nurse | Bright Horizons Woodford Woodlands
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
- Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by supporting the delivery of the key person approach.
- Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
- Work experience within the Early Years sector.
- Sound understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Full and relevant Level 2/3 Childcare qualification.
- Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you experience any problems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Claire Patmore
- Contact Position
- Nursery Manager
- 020 8504 5944 020 8504 5944
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Woodlands Day Nursery, 317-321
- IG8 9HQ
- View IG8 9HQ on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Full time / Permanent / Mon-Fri 40 hours / all year round Part time considered
- £24,960 upwards (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
- Age Ranges
- Other notes
- Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is “protected” as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such ‘protected’ conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS filtering collection, available