Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Noreen Hashmi or Shazia Tariq
- 020 3302 3650 020 3302 3650
Where to go
- Ilford Methodist Church
- IG1 2JZ
- View IG1 2JZ on a map
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
Free Early Learning - 3 & 4 years
Free Early Learning - Extended entitlement
Free Early Learning - 2 years
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Age range
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- Shortbreak type
We provide a structured stimulating environment in which all children including those with special educational needs, are valued, included and supported to reach their full potential. We provide a broad, balanced, and differentiated curriculum for all children which is extended for children with special educational needs.
The preschool is all on one level, with doors wide enough for easy access, there is a ramp at the entrance and lift for easy access to the preschool. We have a toilet and wash area suitable for disabled person use. There are two very spacious halls which are ideal for disabled person use. Our preschool is adaptable and we can make changes to accommodate all children.
- Identifying children's needs
We use a graduated response system for identifying, assessing and responding to children’s special educational needs and ensure that they are appropriately involved at all stages taking into account their levels of ability. We ensure that parents are informed at all stages of the assessment, planning, provision and review of their children’s education.
- Dedicated contacts
Manager or SENCo
- Involving children and their families
- Planning and review meetings
- Advice on how to support learning at home
- Parenting advice
- Regular contact between parents/carers and the setting
- Range of support available
- EYFS Curriculum planning differentiation
- Support for behaviour
- Support for health needs
- Partnership working with other professionals
- Measuring children's progress
We work to ensure good partnership is maintained with all parents throughout their child’s time at the preschool. We discuss with and keep parents informed about how we handle situations in the preschool and what they could do at home.
- Support and training for school staff
The Special Needs coordinator has attended special educational needs training provided by Redbridge Early Years Team and provide in-service training for practitioners. Outside agencies and specialist are welcomed into the preschool and any help and advice they give is taken on board.
- Accessibility of the school
The preschool is fully accessible as we have wheelchair access and disabled toilets
All our activities are accessible for all children, they are carried out at different levels so that all children are included.
- Transition arrangements
We work in partnership with the local schools to ensure the children have a smooth transfer to school, we make transition visits to the schools also staff from the schools visit the setting.
- Support and training for parents and carers
- Parent workshops
- Coffee mornings with parents
- Parent consultation
- Links with Children’s Centres