Sure Start Maternity Grant (SSMG) | GOV.UK
What is the Sure Start Maternity Grant?
You could get a one-off payment of £500 to help towards the costs of having a child. This is known as a Sure Start Maternity Grant.
Am I eligible?
You can only qualify for the grant if you’ve no other children (unless you’re expecting a multiple birth) and you get certain benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
- Working Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
- Universal Credit
You must claim the grant within 11 weeks of expecting the baby or within 3 months after the birth.
How do I claim?
You will need to complete the SF100 form available from the website below.
Who to contact
- 0800 169 0140 0800 169 0140
- Scan to visit this website
- Age Ranges