This specialist outreach support and consultancy service provides support for individual pupils in mainstream primary schools. The outreach service works with pupils who have a range of significant language, social and learning needs. Some pupils may have a statement of special educational needs, while others will have significant needs and working at school action plus. Mainstream primary schools can make direct referrals for these pupils and the nature of the outreach support will be agreed in discussion. This will be recorded in an outreach support agreement which is shared with parents. The Service offers a range of advice and support including:-
- assessment of individual needs;
- advice on interventions and strategies;
- devising and implementing individual targets and programmes in collaboration with mainstream colleagues;
- small group interventions;
- advice on adapting and modifying the curriculum;
- whole school inset and individualised training for target groups;
- advice and liaison with parents and parent workshops.
Hatton Outreach Service also works in close collaboration with other Outreach and Therapy services to promote a cohesive and multidisciplinary approach to supporting effective inclusion.