One Place East offers high quality services to local residents seeking mental health support.
We also provide information and signposting. A key part of our work is challenging the stigma and discrimination that people experience in their everyday lives.
- Befriending Scheme: Offers social and emotional support to somebody who has become isolated through mental ill health.
- Volclub: Offers signposting and assistance to support disabled people into volunteering activity.
- Redbridge Dementia Befriending Service: Aims to improve the quality of life of people with dementia both in the community and those in long term care settings.
- Peer Support Group: We facilitate a mental health Peer Support Group every Thursday for people with lived experience of mental health problems.
- Hate Crime and Referral Centre: We offer a safe, confidential environment for disabled people who have experienced crime, harassment or abuse because of their: race; religion; sexuality; disability; age; gender identity or mental health condition
- Autism Alert Card: The card will alert the Police, NHS, other emergency services and front line service providers, that the person carrying the card has a condition that may require special attention.
- Run Up: A mental health user group whose principal aim is to fight for the rights for everyone affected by mental health conditions. In particular, to ensure that the voices of people with mental health issues are heard; to campaign in order to improve and develop local mental health services; to ensure mental health service users are involved in the planning, development, management and monitoring of services.
We also run campaigns, lobby and respond to local, London-wide and national issues impacting on people with mental health problems.
The website has a very comprehensive directory of information relating to mental health.
One Place East was formed in 2017 following a merger between Redbridge Concern for Mental Health (RCMH), Daffodil Advocacy Project and the Centre for Independent and Inclusive Living (CIIL).