Little Heath School Specialist Support Service provides specialist support in the secondary sector for students with statements of SEN.
The support is provided by a team of teachers who all have further qualifications and/or extensive experience of Special Educational Needs.
Support can be provided for students with: specific language difficulties;
- language and communication difficulties including Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome;
- specific learning difficulties;
- general learning difficulties.
Support can be for:
- a set amount of time each week;
- a specified number of hours over the term;
- consultancy which is the equivalent of 5 hours per term.
(The amount of support and what the specialist teachers role may include will be written on the statement.)
Little Heath is centrally funded to provide this service.
The Service supports about 100 students in 16 Redbridge secondary schools, providing support and training for schools, teachers, LSA’s, parents/ carers and students. The service also provides bespoke training.