What is a Disabled Persons Railcard?
The Railcard allows you and an adult companion to get a third off most Standard and First Class fares throughout Great Britain. Children would still pay the normal child fare but the adult travelling with them would receive the discount. If the Railcard holder is over 16 both adults would receive the discount
- 1/3 off rail travel for you and a friend
- Average annual savings of up to £115!
- Just £20 for 1 year or £54 for 3 years
- For people with a disability that meets the eligibility criteria
Am I eligible?
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult. You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
How do I claim?
You can download an application form from the Disabled Persons Railcard website. You must provide proof that you qualify for a Railcard.