Little Montessorians Pre-school
Who to contact
- 020 8551 2884 020 8551 2884
Where to go
- The Scout Hut
Roding Lane South
- IG4 5PD
- View IG4 5PD on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Mornings - 5 sessions per week Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 12.30pm Afternoons - 3 sessions per week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 12.30pm to 3.00pm Full Day - 3 days/6 sessions per week
- Time of day
- Has Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
- Speech & Language Difficulties
- Has provision for special dietary needs
- Can make special cultural provisions
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
- Opening Times
Opening Times Day Opening Time Closing Time Friday 09:15:00 12:30:00 Monday 09:15:00 12:30:00 Thursday 09:15:00 15:00:00 Tuesday 09:15:00 15:00:00 Wednesday 09:15:00 15:00:00
Free Early Learning - 3 & 4 years
Free Early Learning - Extended entitlement
Free Early Learning - 2 years
Does not offer school pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Age range
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- Shortbreak type
We provide an environment in which all children, including those with SEND are supported to reach their full potential and ensure that the provision for children with special educational needs is the responsibility of all members of the setting.
We are a small friendly nursery. We follow the Montessori method of education and can accommodate 20 children.
- Identifying children's needs
Staff members regularly observe the children to monitor and assess their progress and are able to identify children who need additional support. We work closely with the parents of children with special educational needs to create and maintain a positive partnership. We have regular one to one meetings with parents to ensure that they are informed and kept up to date with their child’s progress.
- Dedicated contacts
Sugi Manickam is the SENCO and manager.
- Involving children and their families
- Planning and review meetings
- Advice on how to support learning at home
- Parenting advice
- Regular contact between parents/carers and the setting
- Range of support available
- EYFS Curriculum planning differentiation
- Specific teaching interventions
- Support for behaviour
- Support for health needs
- Support for communication needs
We work in partnership with other agencies (LA Authority SEN Advisor, SALT, EPS, SEN Earl Years Panel) to support children’s needs and may involve them with parental consent.
- Measuring children's progress
We use a system of planning, implementing, evaluating and reviewing Individual Outcomes Plans (IOP) for children with special educational needs and keep parents informed through review meetings.
- Support and training for school staff
The SENCO has attended the termly SEN forum.
- Accessibility of the school
Unfortunately due to the structure of the building, (wooden building with steps) the setting is unable to accommodate wheel chair users.
Each child is assigned to a key person who works with the child and liaises with parents. We also do risk assessments to ensure that equipment and activities are suitable for children.
- Transition arrangements
We are a small setting and do not have separate areas for the different age groups within the setting. All children and staff work together in one hall. We help children with transition by discussing the transition process with parents/carers and the child. Listen to their opinions, concerns and thoughts and offer help and support.
We contact the local schools to arrange a visit and a tour of the school with the children where possible.
- Support and training for parents and carers
- Parent consultation
- Links with Children’s Centres