Child Development Centre including Community Paediatrician, Community Children’s Nursing, (CCN) Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy, (SALT) EWMHS (previously CAMHS) and Continence Service.
The child development centre (CDC) at Grovelands is part of children's targeted health services within Redbridge. The CDC provides paediatrician led multi-disciplinary assessments and interventions to children with two or more developmental disorders that may result in physical, sensory, communication, emotional or learning difficulties and works closely with parents and carers. The CDC team at Redbridge is able to provide:
- diagnosis, assessment and treatment of children with complex neurological disorders, learning difficulties and developmental difficulties
- advisory and information support service for parents, professionals in health, social services, education and the voluntary sectors
- specialist health visitor and nurses input for medication management, promoting independence and maintenance of well being
- therapy services (speech and language therapy, physiotherapy and occupational therapy) offer service specific intervention and support to children and their families at the centre, at home and in school settings as appropriate
- consultant led referral to tertiary services when needs cannot be met locally
- children seen within CDC can also access clinical psychology service as required