Parents Support Advisers in Redbridge perform a range of duties at primary schools, including:
- working with children to identify and address parents’ support needs;
- providing accessible information, explanation, guidance and signposting to services;
- supporting parents and their children through transitions to ensure continual engagement with schools and learning;
- working with a range of networks and partnerships to develop parenting skills and to broker support, to sustain and help parents engage positively with their child’s learning and development; and,
- offering access to parenting groups and family learning.
How do PSAs contribute to school improvement?
- PSAs work with Headteachers to agree clear objectives that support overall school improvement plans. This could include:
- helping schools to develop their links with outside agencies (both statutory and voluntary), and encouraging agencies to feel more comfortable about working with schools;
- ‘opening doors’ and creating a ‘fast track’ to third party provision;
- help schools to communicate more effectively with parents by advising on language, tone and style;
- acting as advocates for parents and using their knowledge of parents’ needs to challenge certain school policies and ways of working;
- early intervention, preventing potential problems between parents and schools escalating; and,
- increase parental involvement in children’s learning.
Primary schools in Redbridge that have a PSA or similar role:
- Christchurch Primary
- Cleveland Primary
- Fairlop Primary
- Farnham Green Primary
- Fullwood Primary
- Glade Primary
- Hatton Special School
- Manford Primary
- Oakdale Juniors
- Ray Lodge Primary
- Roding Primary
- St Anthony's Primary
- St Augustine's Primary
- SS Peter and Paul's Primary
- South Park Primary
If your child goes to one of the above schools and you want to reach the PSA please speak to staff at the school office.