We are pleased to announce our summer event for young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) living or educated in Redbridge.
It will be taking place on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 at Fairlop Waters from 10:30 am to 4.30 pm.
Young people will have the opportunity to participate in activities such as sailing, climbing, golf and arts & crafts during the day.
It is important that you are aware of the following points before requesting a place at our event for your young person:
- We require a completed registration form to secure your young person a place at our event
- We hold information about the young person to assist with monitoring and health and safety
- We work with young people in the ratio of approximately 1:8 group work setting. We are unable to provide additional support for young people who might need 1:1 or 1:2 support or personal care. However, you are welcome to provide a personal carer, either a family member who provides the care or a registered personal carer, to support the young person to take part.
- Staff at the event cannot administer, store or take responsibility for any prescribed or over the counter medications. Medication must be administered by the young person, parent or carer only.
- Please let us know what medication is taken, to ensure we have the necessary information in case of an emergency.
- Fairlop Waters is not a ‘secure’ site. We will be outdoors for most of the time although we will have indoor space available for our use throughout the day.
Please provide your young person with a packed lunch and refreshments. Spaces are limited, so to reserve a place, please return the attached form at the above address at your earliest convenience.