Redbridge Handy Person Scheme (HEET)
The Redbridge Handyperson Scheme assists older, vulnerable and disabled residents with odd jobs and small-scale repairs around the home.
For a small charge, the scheme assists older, vulnerable and disabled residents with odd jobs and small scale repairs around the home.
Who is the service for?
The service is available to all Redbridge residents who are:
- aged 60 years or over;
- disabled or have a long term serious illness or health problem which makes it difficult to carry out the work; or
- awaiting discharge from hospital.
Types of jobs that we may be able to help you with
- changing light bulbs
- changing locks
- fitting draught excluders
- unblocking a sink
- changing tap washers
- fitting grab/handrails
- putting up curtain rails
- replacing broken toilet seats
- replacing small areas of bathroom or kitchen tiles
- fitting door bells
- renewing bath sealants
- repairing small areas of fencing
- assembling furniture
Each visit is for a maximum of two hours, and residents are limited to a maximum of one visit every three months. The service may be withdrawn if the applicant has an able-bodied adult living with them who is capable of carrying out the work. The scheme will not carry out jobs that are the responsibility of your landlord or letting agent.
The Redbridge Handyperson Scheme service is provided by HEET. For more information including cost and payment details please visit the website or contact the service on the details below.
Who to contact
- 020 8520 4554 020 8520 4554
- Redbridge Handyperson Scheme (HEET)
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
c/o Marsh Street and Trinity URC, 58
- E17 9QL
- View E17 9QL on a map
- Age Ranges
- All Ages