Redbridge Educational Wellbeing Team (REWT)
Who we are?
We are a team of Specialist Senior and Assistant Educational Psychologists whose aim is to build skills, knowledge and confidence of school staff, other professionals and members of the community regarding the development of children and young people's emotional well-being. We work closely with the Mental Health Support Team (MHST) and Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs).
“Nurturing mental health and resilience in Redbridge school communities”
We provide safe and nurturing spaces to talk and learn about mental health and psychology. We empower people to live their best life, working in partnership with our school communities. We strive to reduce stigma, raise awareness, and enhance emotional wellbeing and resilience for all.
What we do
The REWT team supports schools through evidence-based training packages, through signposting and by delivering targeted interventions.
- We coordinate the Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) programme. This is a comprehensive 6-day training programme designed to enhance the skills of Teaching Assistants (TAs) and Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) to work effectively to support the emotional development and wellbeing of pupils
- We coordinate the Senior Mental Health Lead (SMHL) training programme. The aim of the SMHL is to establish a whole school approach to mental health and lead on behaviour policies, curriculum and pastoral support, how staff are supported with their own mental wellbeing and how pupils and parents are engaged.
- We lead on Wellbeing projects e.g., Social Media, Peer Pressure and Mental Health whole school workshop, Understanding Therapeutic pets, RAW music project and Supporting Refugee CYP
- We coordinate engagement with CYP and raising awareness – e.g., setting up CYP competitions; organising events such as the Destigmatising Mental Health event for CYP; Careers workshops for CYP; and workshops on a variety of topics, such as supporting the development of friendships and social skills
- We coordinate a borough wide Race and Equality Awareness Scheme to support racial equality, anti-racist practice, and inclusivity in our schools
- We reach out into the community by providing parent workshops such as understanding stress and anxiety
- We lead on strategic development within the Local Authority and amongst all the CYP’s MH professionals via the Anna Freud LINK Programme
- We use a strengths-based approach to work with the complexities of supporting LAC by providing consultations to Social Workers (SWs) and SW Managers, Foster Carers and the Leaving Care team. We liaise with the Children in Care Council, the Virtual School and attend events to promote engagement with LAC
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Claudia Noël-Michael (She/Her)
- Contact Position
- Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist Redbridge Educational Wellbeing Team (REWT) Co-ordinator
- 07741 331 009 07741 331 009
Where to go
- Redbridge Educational Psychology Service
Children's Resource Centre
91 Ray Lodge Road
- IG8 7PG
- View IG8 7PG on a map