Diabetes Service | Redbridge NELFT
The diabetes service provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 17 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- act as a consultative service for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Who to contact
- 020 8708 2690 020 8708 2690
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Community Care Advice Centre
Aldborough Road North
- IG2 7SR
- View IG2 7SR on a map
This service can be accessed from several venues across Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest - details of which can also be found on the leaflet.
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Time of day
- Age Ranges
- 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and over
- Referral required
- Referral Details
All forms must be sent via email (fax forms are no longer accepted).
- People over with over 17 years old with diabetes, newly diagnosed or have existing type one or two diabetes,
- People who have frequent hospital admissions, for example, diabetes ketoacidosis, recurrent hypoglycaemia and or insulin initiation/insulin dose adjustment.
- Patients living in Redbridge and/or registered with a Redbridge GP.
Multi Agency Resource Centre Online (MARCO)
For further information on this service please register or sign in.
This information is intended solely for the use of practitioners within the children and young people's workforce in Redbridge. Please do not share information within this section with others.