Since 2003, Haven House Children’s Hospice has provided specialist care for children and young people (birth-19) who have life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.
Haven House is a Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated nurse-led children’s hospice, situated in 18 acres of woodland in a converted locally-listed building on the borders of London and Essex. The hospice provides care and support for children and young people from birth to 19 years of age who suffer from life limiting or life threatening conditions. Haven House also provides services to the families of children / young people with life limiting and life threatening conditions.
The hospice provides the following services:
- Nursing palliative care and symptom control
- Stepped down care facilitating discharge from hospital, providing care and support for the child and family before transferring home
- Planned specialist respite and short break care including day care.
- End of life care
- Post bereavement care, including counselling, one to one sibling support and an annual memory day
- Buddies, providing activities and support for siblings aged up to 19 years of age.
- Toy home loan, which provides toys to children in the community
- Family events such as Christmas parties, pantomimes and visits from wildlife organisations.
- Coffee mornings for parents, providing support and a chance to socialise
- The hospice has a Holistic Care Centre, which focusses on the child as a whole and brings care closer to home for the child and their family.
Services provided within the Holistic Care Centre are:
- Great Ormond Street Hospital clinics, providing care closer to home for the child and family
- Family Support and Advocacy
- Music Therapy
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Complementary therapies
- Expert parent programme