Specialist Education and Training Support Service (S.E.a.T.S.S.)
This service has been formed by combining existing specialist outreach services from across Redbridge to create one coordinated service that supports children and young people aged from 0-25 years; it also links closely with health and other professionals.
As a service we endeavour to offer a wide range of support, advice and training opportunities for schools and settings to enable them to deliver high quality support for individual children to ensure that the people who work with them and their families are equipped to understand and meet their individual needs.
SEaTSS is made up of 4 teams that will support -
- Team 1 - Autism/Social Communication/Social Emotional Mental Health
- Team 2 – General learning difficulties (GLD), including medical syndromes, Language and Communication needs
- Team 3 – Physical and complex needs, Specific literacy difficulties (SPLD)
- Team 4 – Sensory needs (including Vision and hearing)
All these teams work closely together delivering coordinated support through personalised approaches and interventions, modelling strategies, supporting planning, training etc. This support will be tailored for schools and the pupils they support; we are available to support pupils with existing EHCP’s and those on SEN support.
When and how do you refer a pupil?
- Raise your concerns with the professional(s) working with the young person (Early Years, Education, Health, EPS or Other), plan and implement strategies these services recommend. If these are unsuccessful you can then consider the referral option.
- Referral to SEaTSS is through an online referral form.
- The referrer and appropriate settings, schools or professionals will be contacted following the referral to agree support packages and to create individual support plans.
Support may be offered through:
- Observations, Advice and Assessments
- Programmes designed to support pupil’s needs
- Staff training – small groups, whole school, parents, multi-disciplinary Inset
- Collaborative working with other professionals
- Referral for ICT or other assessments
- Recommendation and loan of resources specific to need
- Care and maintenance of audiological equipment
- Advice and support for families
- Monitoring and assessment
- Advice for EHCP’s, annual reviews of Individual Education Plans
- Advice related to accessing the curriculum and planning support
- Personalised and multisensory teaching approaches
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Training staff within settings through modelling strategies and interventions
- Delivering projects in specific areas to identified pupils
- Workshops and forums
Please click here to access our extensive range of resource videos to view on the SEaTSS YouTube Channel.
Who to contact
Where to go
Childrens Resource Centre, 91
Ray Lodge Road
- IG8 7PG
- View IG8 7PG on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Age Ranges
- Under 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Families can also self-refer to SEATSS using the online SEATSS Referral Form.
Multi Agency Resource Centre Online (MARCO)
This information is intended solely for the use of practitioners within the children and young people's workforce in Redbridge. Please do not share information within this section with others.