Scope's Helpline and Online Community
Scope is a charity that exists to make this country a place where disabled people have the same opportunities as everyone else. Until then, we’ll be here. Our helpline service provides free, independent and impartial information and support on the issues that matter to disabled people and their families.
We’re here to support you from the moment you discover your child is disabled. We raise awareness of the issues that matter. And with your support, we'll keep driving change across society until this country is great for everyone. Our services support disabled people, families and professionals in England and Wales.
Our information officers can answer questions and talk you through a wide range of topics connected with disability, including:
- social care
- equipment and assistive technology
- housing and home adaptations
We can also put you in touch with local providers of information and support and other Scope services in your area. You will also find additional information resources and links to service providers on our website www.scope.org.uk.
Our online disability forum is a vibrant and supportive space for disabled people, parents and carers to get disability advice and information, and talk to people with similar experiences. Our forum includes a wide range of support including support groups, discussions and talking to a community advisor.
For more information about our online community, please visit: https://community.scope.org.uk/.
Who to contact
- 0808 800 3333 (free confidential helpline) 0808 800 3333 (free confidential helpline)
- Scan to visit this website
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Saturday - 8.00am to 8.00pm and Sunday - 10.00am to 6.00pm including most bank holidays.
- Time of day
- The helpline is a free and confidential service.
- Age Ranges
- Under 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and over
- Referral not required
- Other notes
We also have others ways you can use our helpline service. These are as follows:
- Textphone: Use Type Talk by dialling 18011 from a textphone followed by 0808 800 3333
All calls are free from a UK landline and from most mobiles. If you are calling from a mobile, please check with your network provider. If you are calling from a mobile or phone box and are worried about the cost, we can call you back.
- Translation: If you prefer to talk to us in another language, call or email the helpline and tell us:
Your name, preferred language and contact number. We'll call you back with an interpreter from Language Line Solutions on the line.
The helpline is a telephone service but you can also get help by emailing or writing to us:
PO Box 833