Disabled parking bays in Redbridge
What are Disabled Parking bays?
These are parking bays for the mobility impaired and are intended to assist disabled people who drive themselves and because of their disability, need to park as close to their property as possible.
Please note: A disabled bay is not exclusively for specific residents. Any person with a Blue Badge may park in it.
Who can apply?
To apply for a new disabled resident parking bay you must:
- live in Redbridge
- have a valid Blue Badge
- have a car registered with the DVLA to your address
- not have off-road parking, such as a garage or driveway
- the road is heavily parked, making it difficult to park close to your property
- the provision of a bay will not have an adverse impact on road safety or traffic conditions
- receive the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
You must make sure you meet all the above requirements before making your application.
How do I apply?
There is no charge for a disabled resident parking bay.
We need to see proof of:
- current Blue Badge (both sides)
- vehicle registration document (log book/V5), insurance certificate, or your Motability agreement if you hire your car through the Motability scheme
- copy of your driver’s licence
- award letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) that says that you receive: the higher rate of the mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- if you are a wheelchair user or partially blind then we will consider someone else who drives you but lives at the same address. You must include a supporting letter from your GP stating that you are a wheelchair user or that you are partially sighted
Once you have completed the online form on the Redbridge website, please scan or photograph your documents and email parking applications or post them to the address on the form.
Who to contact
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- IG1 1NY
- View IG1 1NY on a map
- Age Ranges