What is Intermediate Care?
Intermediate Care provides help to enable service users, to become more independent in activities, which they would like to be able to do. The service prevents service users from going into hospital or helps make their discharge from hospital easier. The service offers the opportunity for recovery through a planned programme of rehabilitation.
What range of services do we provide?
- a timely response in times of non-acute crisis;
- intensive short-term rehabilitation support at home (with the reenablement team) to provide assistance or supervision with managing everyday activities;
- intensive short-term rehabilitation in a community bed based unit in Wanstead focusing on regaining skills to return to independent living;
- support following hospital discharge;
intervention to prevent avoidable admission to hospital; and
- confidence building and health promotion.
Who provides the service?
The Redbridge Intermediate Care Team comprises of:
- a co-ordinator;
- team leaders;
- physiotherapists and occupational therapists;
- a social worker;
- rehabilitation assistants; and,
- re-enablement carers.