What is the Redbridge Mobility Card Scheme?
This scheme operates for disabled residents in Redbridge, providing a door to door transport service, primarily within a 10-mile radius of the Gants Hill roundabout.
Vehicles are available every day of the year between 7.00am and 12.00am (midnight). The controller will advise you of the cost at the time of booking and payment must be made to the driver on completion of the journey.
Am I eligible?
The scheme is open to Redbridge residents over two years of age who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Severe difficulty in walking and unable to use public transport without assistance
- Registered blind
- Permanent wheelchair user
- Unable to walk unassisted
- In receipt of the higher rate of the Disability Living Allowance - mobility component
- In receipt of War Pensioner's mobility allowance
- Unable to use public transport but able to use a taxi.
How do I apply?
Call Redbridge Customer Contact Centre on 020 8554 5000 for an application form.