Health Improvement Team | Redbridge NELFT
Our Health Improvement Team are part of the 0-19 Universal Services.
Our team endeavour to contact new mothers to offer information and support with regards to:
- Antenatal guidance with regards to the health and wellbeing of themselves and their babies
- Empower and support parents with their feeding journeys
- Guidance to enable parents informed decisions with infant feeding (breast, formula and Introduction to solids)
- Support mother to have a close and loving relationship
The team supports parents in making healthy lifestyle choices for the family.
The teamwork in partnership with other agencies such as children’s centres, midwifery, and voluntary services.
For further information on how to access support from the team, please see below.
Referrals to the Health Improvement Team (Health professionals & service partners only).
Weekly Virtual Infant Feeding Café (online)
- Every Wednesday at 11.00am to 12.30pm.
To book the Virtual session please email HITBooking@nelft.nhs.uk* before midday on the prior Tuesday.
Face to Face Feeding Cafés
- South Woodford Health Centre, Thursdays - 10.00am to 11.30am;
- Newbury Hall Children's Centre on Mondays - 11.00am to 12.30pm (starting 9 May 2022)
To book the Face to face session please email HITBooking@nelft.nhs.uk* and a member of the team will be in touch to confirm your place.
Intro to solids & Healthy Eating Workshop
- Intro to Solids: first Thursday of the month at 10.30am
- Healthy Eating: Sessions held third Thursday of the month at 10.30am
To book a place on either the Introduction to Solids or the Healthy Eating sessions please email email@example.com*
*Notes when booking your place
When booking your places at any of the above sessions please supply the following information:
- Your child’s NHS Number
- Your current telephone number
- Your full address and postcode
- Yes/No to whether you consent to your information being shared with Redbridge Children’s Centres
Who to contact
- Scan to visit this website
- Age Ranges
- Under 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19