The Early Years Advisory Service (EYAS) advises and supports those working with children, within the Early Years Foundation Stage, who have special educational needs.
The service can offer support in the following ways:
- Specialist assessments of children at Targeted and Enhanced levels of support
- Advice to settings on SEN provision for young children with additional needs
- Support to settings on assessing, planning, implementing strategies and reviewing children's progress
- Training related to early years and SEND
- Contribution to Statutory Education Health and Care (EHC)
Children are referred to this service through a notification to the SEND Early Years Panel (SEYP) or directly from schools.