Cranbrook Castle Montessori
Cranbrook Castle is a private Montessori Nursery. We have been established since 1988. The nursery is situated within Cranbrook Castle Tennis Club, as such the children have access to a very spacious, secure enclosed outdoor play area.We follow the Montessori philosophy,which enables our children to develop their independence,confidence and self esteem in a loving andcaring environment. Our premises mean that we are able to offer our children tennis lessons with a qualified tennis coach. We also give Spanish lessons to our children on Thursdays. We also provide Yoga lessons for children on Mondays.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Zareen Bukhari
- 020 8554 8979 020 8554 8979
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Cranbrook Castle Tennis Club
St Georges Road
- IG1 3PG
- View IG1 3PG on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday and Friday - 9.30am to 12.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - 9.30am to 3.30pm Available term time only
- Time of day
- 15.00 Per session
- Has Special Needs provision
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
Adjustments for wheelchair users available
Visits and outings
Parking available for pick up or drop off
Free Early Learning - 3 & 4 years
Free Early Learning - Extended entitlement
Caters for all dietary needs
Free Early Learning - 2 years
Caters for all cultural needs
Does not offer school pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 21/07/2014 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 22/01/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Age range
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- Shortbreak type
We believe in supporting children according to their individual need. We encourage all the girls and boys to join in all activities. We support and assess them according to their needs and their development. We provide a safe and inclusive environment. We also support parents if they need any advice or help with their children.
We are based in one big playroom and have access to a garden. We provide free flow play within the garden. We are registered to accomodate 30 children.
- Identifying children's needs
By doing regular observations and assessments. Also by having regular communication with the parents. We have parents meetings every 6 months but if parents and staff have any concerns we arrange an urgent meeting and discuss about the child’s needs. By keeping all the paperwork and evidence in place.
- Dedicated contacts
If parents/carers have any concerns about their child's development they can book an appointment or speak to the management by email or phone. We have a SENCo present in the nursery if there are any other issues.
- Involving children and their families
- Parenting advice
- Planning and review meetings
- Advice on how to support learning at home
- Other professionals e.g. Speech Therapist
- Regular contact between parents/carers and the setting
- Range of support available
- Partnership working with other professionals
- Additional support strategies
- Support for communication needs
- EYFS Curriculum planning differentiation
- Specific teaching interventions
- Support for behaviour
- Support for health needs
- Measuring children's progress
By regular assessments and observations, recording information in the diary. Sharing all the information with the parent. Providing evidence such as pictures and observations in their profile book.
- Support and training for school staff
Our nursery SENCo attends regular training and forums to keep up to date with all new information.
- Accessibility of the school
Our nursery has an access for a wheelchair user through the back gate.
All the staff are aware of the needs of the children and try to support them by following their next steps and planning according to their needs.
- Transition arrangements
We liaise with the school/nursery SENCo and have regular meetings with the staff and parent. By keeping parents informed and taking suggestions from them.
- Support and training for parents and carers
- Parent workshops
- Parent consultation
- Links with children centres
- Further information
Come and visit us to see if our facilities and nursery is suitable for your child.
Who to contact
Contact Zareen Bukhari
Telephone 020 8554 8979
Where to go
Address Cranbrook Castle Tennis ClubSt. Georges RoadIlfordIG1 3PG
Postcode IG1 3PG
When is it on?
Time/date Monday and Friday - 9.30am to 12.30pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - 9.30am to 3.30pm
Available term time only
Cost Details £15 per session