Navigate is a national mentoring service, providing emotional support at the start of your journey as a parent/carer of a disabled child.
It's a six-week programme that aims to put you in touch with a personal advisor, helping you to talk about your feelings and concerns.
About the programme
Your personal adviser will work with you to:
- explore your needs and personal goals
- agree your 6-week action plan, and
- provide you with support, if you need it.
You will also have weekly catch ups with your adviser.
Reaching the end of the programme
At the end of the 6 weeks, you will look at what did or didn’t work and rate your overall progress.
Depending on availability, you may get to choose to start again with new goals.
Navigate is open to any parent or carer who:
- lives in England or Wales
- has a child under 18 years of age, who is going through or has received a diagnosis in the last year.
This service is online or by phone. For more information, please visit our web page at https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate