Help with health costs (NHS)
Most NHS treatment is free, but there are a number of things for which there may be charges.
This information tells you what you might be able to get help with, and whether you might be entitled, including:
- When you need to pay towards NHS care
- NHS Low Income Scheme (LIS)
- Help with health costs for people getting Universal Credit
- Get help with dental costs
- Am I entitled to free prescriptions?
- Save money with a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
- Free NHS eye tests and optical vouchers
- NHS voucher values for glasses and lenses
- Wigs and fabric supports on the NHS
- Healthcare Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS)
You will need show evidence to prove you are eligible for help. You may be able to get some prescriptions and treatment without proof, but you will usually have to provide it later. If you can’t do this, you may have to pay the original costs plus a penalty charge.
Who to contact
- Scan to visit this website
- Age Ranges