Most NHS treatment is free, but there are a number of things for which there may be charges.
This information tells you what you might be able to get help with, and whether you might be entitled, including:
- prescription charges
- NHS dental charges, including check-ups
- sight tests
- vouchers towards the cost of glasses and contact lenses
- travel costs to and from hospital for NHS treatment
- travel costs if travelling abroad for treatment
- wigs and fabric supports, for example, abdominal and spinal supports, and support tights.
You will need show evidence to prove you are eligible for help. You may be able to get some prescriptions and treatment without proof, but you will usually have to provide it later. If you can’t do this, you may have to pay the original costs plus a penalty charge.