Redbridge Early Intervention in Psychosis | Redbridge NELFT
The Redbridge EIP service offers intensive and assertive support for people aged 14 to 35 who may be experiencing their first episode of psychosis.
We support clients with their current problems, promoting recovery and maintaining wellness and helping them return to normal activities in their community life.
Symptoms may include hallucinations, odd beliefs and ideas of reference, problems with thinking, paranoia as well as disturbances in sleep, appetite, mood and a decline in function.
Early intervention in psychosis is based on research that suggests that intervening early and limiting the duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) can reduce the degree of harm to a person’s mental health. The longer the period of DUP, the poorer the prognosis.
We are a multidisciplinary team that offers psychosocial interventions including:
- relapse prevention
- medication management
- psychology interventions, cognitive behavioural therapy, family work as well as informal counselling
- psycho education
- general health information
- support accessing or returning to education or employment
- social activities
- support with benefits and housing problems
- support for family and carers
Who to contact
- 0300 300 1706 0300 300 1706 0300 300 1723 (fax) 0300 300 1723 (fax)
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Melmead House, 4
Orchard Close, Rodney Road
- E11 2DH
- View E11 2DH on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Age Ranges
- 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and over
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals will be accepted from GPs and primary care, from the child and adolescent mental health service (CAMHS), liaison teams and IPAD. Self-referrals and referrals from carers will also be accepted through the access and assessment brief intervention team.
Multi Agency Resource Centre Online (MARCO)
This information is intended solely for the use of practitioners within the children and young people's workforce in Redbridge. Please do not share information within this section with others.