The Redbridge EIP service offers intensive and assertive support for people aged 14 to 35 who may be experiencing their first episode of psychosis.
We support clients with their current problems, promoting recovery and maintaining wellness and helping them return to normal activities in their community life.
Symptoms may include hallucinations, odd beliefs and ideas of reference, problems with thinking, paranoia as well as disturbances in sleep, appetite, mood and a decline in function.
Early intervention in psychosis is based on research that suggests that intervening early and limiting the duration of untreated psychosis (DUP) can reduce the degree of harm to a person’s mental health. The longer the period of DUP, the poorer the prognosis.
We are a multidisciplinary team that offers psychosocial interventions including:
- relapse prevention
- medication management
- psychology interventions, cognitive behavioural therapy, family work as well as informal counselling
- psycho education
- general health information
- support accessing or returning to education or employment
- social activities
- support with benefits and housing problems
- support for family and carers