SEND Early Years Panel (SEYP)
The SEND Early Years Panel (SEYP) consists of representatives from the Redbridge Children's Services team and health professionals.
The panel aims to provide a clear and coordinated system of referral for specialist assessment, advice and support for children in the early years who may have special educational needs or a disability.
The panel acknowledges the importance of early intervention to enable children to realise their potential and ensures early notification by health services to educational services, of children who may have special educational needs.
The panel meets fortnightly during term time to receive and discuss notifications (referrals) from health professionals, early years settings, social care/family support workers and parents.
How the panel works
A notification is made to the panel following consultation and agreement from the child's parents.
Once the notification has been received and the information considered, the panel may decide to:
- request further information from the referrer or (with parental consent) from other sources
- request general advice to the setting regarding SEND provision from the Area SENCo
- refer to a specialist support service e.g. Educational Psychology Service, Pre-School Home Visiting Service, Early Years Advisory Service;
The panel also considers
- support needs within early years settings, including requests for additional funding for children with lower levels or emerging SEN
- requests for early years provision
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) Assessments for children with Early Years Foundation Stage (up to the end of the Reception year).
Who to contact
- 020 8708 4525/3369 020 8708 4525/3369
Multi Agency Resource Centre Online (MARCO)
This information is intended solely for the use of practitioners within the children and young people's workforce in Redbridge. Please do not share information within this section with others.