Barnardos provides Home and Community Support for families in Redbridge. The service is split into 3 age groups: 0 to 8 years, 9 to 13 years and 14 to 18 years. Support is provided either within the home and community and can include (but is not limited to) support such as:
- support with personal care and invasive procedures;
- support to access community resources and leisure services
- support for children to participate in positive play activities within the home that develop communication, physical and social skills
- support to the parents/carers during times of pressure; to help build confidence in managing the child's behaviour; and/or during times of transition
- support the young person to develop independence skills including travel skills
This service is commissioned by Redbridge Children's Services.