Can you honestly answer "Yes" to each of the following questions?
- Is your child safe when travelling by car?
- Are you sure you are using the correct car seat for the age and weight of your child?
- Are you certain that your child seat is fitted correctly?
- Does it comply with current safety standards?
- Are you expecting a baby and aren't sure which seat to buy?
- Are you pregnant and not sure how to wear your seatbelt correctly in the car?
- If your child's car seat has a harness, have you adjusted the harness as your child has grown to make sure your child is secure in the seat?
If you cannot answer "Yes" to every question, you could be putting your child at risk of injury, or even death, in the event of an accident.
Many young children and babies are at risk due to incorrectly fitted car seats. This guide from Redbridge can help you to better understand the guidelines and hazards involved in car seat fitting.
Alternatively, watch these videos (from ROSPA) with information on:
- types of seat
- rear facing seats
- Lie flat seats
- Forward facing seats
- High backed booster seats
- booster cushions