Fire can be very dangerous. It is really important to remember some simple rules to make sure that you and your family are safe.
- Never play with matches or lighters
- Never play with a lighted candle
- Never play close to a fire or heater, or leave toys near a fire or heater
- Don't pull on electric cables or touch electrical things like the television or sockets
- Never switch on the cooker, or play with things in the kitchen
- Never put anything on top of the cooker
- Don't touch any saucepans on the cooker
- Don't put things on top of heaters or lights
- Tell a grown up if you see matches or lighters lying around
You could also think about the way that you would get out of your house if there was a fire. Maybe you and your family could talk about this.
For more ideas, including some fun games to play while learning about fire safety, please click on the following links:
- Think safe: as well as fire safety, this site has lots of other safety tips.
- The Great Fire of London: a cool fire safety site with a great game about the Great Fire of London.
- Staywise: all sorts of safety related activities
FiND (the people who produced this website) have lots of leaflets about fire safety just for kids. For more information please contact us.