Blind Person's Allowance | GOV.UK

What is the Blind Person's Allowance?

Blind Person’s Allowance means you can get an extra amount of income tax-free each year.

Am I eligible?

If you’re registered blind with the local council you can claim Blind Person’s Allowance.

How do I claim?

Contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) to claim.

Who to contact

0300 200 3301 0300 200 3301
Scan to visit this website


Save to Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Skip back to top of page