Every Disabled Child Matters is a campaign to get rights and justice for every disabled young person and child.
The objectives of the campaign are:
- Families with disabled children to have ordinary lives
- Disabled children to matter as much as all other children
- Disabled children and their families to be fully included insociety
- All disabled children and their families to get the right services and support - no matter where they live
- Poverty amongst disabled children and their families to be cut by 50% by 2010 and eliminated by 2020
- An education system that meets the needs of each child and enables them to reach their full potential
- Disabled children and their families to shape the way that services are planned, commissioned and delivered
Contact a Family, Council for Disabled Children (CDC), Mencap and the Special Educational Consortium (SEC) aim to challenge politicians and policy-makers to follow through with their Government's commitment that every child matters.