Rightstart Daycare Ilford
At RightStart Day Care we encourage the development of each child to enable them to maximise their potential. We provide Nursery and Pre School care within a caring, stimulating, and homely environment.
Each child is assigned a key person at the settling in stage. It is important that you have a specific person whom you can get to know and share information with about your child and they ensure that your child’s individual needs are being met.
We aim to have impeccable communication with parents. All parents are welcome to share new ideas, and comment on areas for improvement. We like to invite parents to take part in activities with the children and attend nursery trips and outings to the local area.
The nursery has light indoor spaces for children to independently explore, we use natural resources to develop the child’s understanding of the world around them as well as develop their creativity and imagination.
Activities are prepared each day to meet the interests of your child as well as challenge them developmentally, our focus is learning through play so whilst your child believes they are ‘just playing’ our staff are at hand to scaffold their learning to the next level.
Through experience we know that children learn best when given freedom to explore so we carefully plan our outdoor spaces to inspire the child’s curiosity for the natural world around them, opportunities for bug hunts, growing flowers, fruits, and vegetables, exploring sand and water, digging, and building dens is complimented with large scale creative opportunities as well as physical challenges using bikes and scooters, skipping ropes and hoops. We take children out regularly to visit the shops, parks, animal centres, or any other places of interest that compliments the children’s interests.
Safeguarding is paramount to us and that our staff are suitable to care for your child, they all undergo disclosure and barring service checks.
We believe that children flourish best when they have role models who display positive behaviour. We do not use time out however use constant praise to reinforce positive and desirable behaviour. To manage children’s behaviour, we ensure we are setting good examples and explain to children the ‘golden rules.’
Our highly trained professional Nursery staff are ready to give your child a nurturing and educational experience. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Cheyenne Alexander-Japal
- 020 8554 2806 020 8554 2806
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Cadet Centre, 67
- IG2 6BN
- View IG2 6BN on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday - 7.30am to 6.00pm
- Time of day
Opening Times & Facilities
Adjustments for wheelchair users available
Hot meals provided
Visits and outings
Parking available for pick up or drop off
Free Early Learning - 3 & 4 years
Free Early Learning - Extended entitlement
Caters for all dietary needs
Free Early Learning - 2 years
Caters for all cultural needs
Fully wheelchair accessible
Does not offer school pickups
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 12/05/2016 Inspection (Early Years Register) Inadequate 17/08/2016 Re-inspection (Early Years Register) Good 09/10/2018 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good
- Age range
- Early Years (0-4 years)
- Shortbreak type
At Right Start Nursery we believe that each child must be given the opportunity to achieve and be included. All children access a full range of activities to develop and learn through play. We acknowledge that some children with SEND may require extra support in order to access the activities provided. We are committed to work alongside parents and carers to share information useful to support their child’s development while at the club.
- Identifying children's needs
- Dedicated contacts
- liaise with parents/carers
- liaise with outside professionals in regards to children’s individual needs
- advice and support other practitioners in the setting
- ensure that appropriate learning and outcomes plans are in place.
- ensure that background information is collected, recorded and updated
- take the lead in monitoring and reviewing any action taken to support the child
- ensure that appropriate records are kept for all children with SEND who require outside agencies support
- Involving children and their families
- Range of support available
- Visual timetable, objects of reference and well-being
- Children are encouraged to provide feedback
- Measuring children's progress
- Support and training for school staff
- Accessibility of the school
- Transition arrangements
We work in partnership with the school whenever required.
- Support and training for parents and carers
- Parent workshops
- Coffee mornings with parents
- Links with Children's Centres