Access, Assessment and Brief Intervention Team | Redbridge NELFT
The access, assessment and brief intervention service is for adults aged 18 to 65 needing community mental health services in the London borough of Redbridge. We focus on wellbeing and recovery and offer short term support with the aim of getting you back to where you want to be in life.
We provide an initial mental health assessment and once assessed we may:
- refer or signpost to other mental health services or organisations
- signpost to other services (e.g. social services)
- and/or offer brief intervention by the team for up to six months
If needed, we can offer:
- full assessment of mental health and social care needs
- access to a psychiatrist
- talking therapies and other psychological help
- advice and information
- crisis intervention
- psychiatric medication review if appropriate
- self-guided support
- support with social problems
- recovery and wellbeing approaches
We also provide a single telephone number for anyone enquiring about mental health services in Redbridge, urgent mental health assessment where needed, and management of referrals to other specialist mental health services.
Who to contact
- 0300 300 1570 (Option 1) 0300 300 1570 (Option 1)
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
Mellmead House, 4
Orchard Close, Rodney Road
- E11 2DH
- View E11 2DH on a map
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.00pm
- Age Ranges
- 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and over
- Referral required
- Referral Details
We generally advise that you go to your GP as a first port of call to see if they can offer you support. If needed, they can refer you onto our service. We also accept referrals from various other sources including self-referral.
Once we receive a referral, we will make telephone contact with you within 6 weeks. If we are unable to get in touch, we send an opt-in letter which you will need to respond to if you need our service.
From our telephone conversation, we try to work out what support you would benefit from and if needed, offer you a face to face appointment at Mellmead House.
If your query is urgent, you can contact our duty team for advice and support.
We try to ensure that our approach is friendly. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Multi Agency Resource Centre Online (MARCO)
This information is intended solely for the use of practitioners within the children and young people's workforce in Redbridge. Please do not share information within this section with others.