You may be able to get Bereavement Support Payment if your husband, wife or civil partner died on or after 6 April 2017.
You could be eligible if your partner either:
- paid National Insurance contributions for at least 25 weeks
- died because of an accident at work or a disease caused by work
When they died you must have been:
- under State Pension age
- living in the UK or a country that pays bereavement benefits
You cannot claim Bereavement Support Payment if you’re in prison.
If your husband, wife or civil partner died before 6 April 2017
You may be able to get one or more of the following:
- Bereavement Payment (a one-off payment)
- Bereavement Allowance (monthly payments)
- Widowed Parent’s Allowance (if you’re bringing up children)
For more information including what you will get, how to claim and other useful information please go to the web link below.