Fit, Fed and Read is a holiday supervised activity programme for children who are entitled to Free School Meals. The programme will be running in the South of the borough every half term.
4 hours session consists of:
- 2 hours of multi-sports and arts and crafts
- One hour of reading
- One hour preparing/cooking lunch
- Eligible for Free School Meals
- Aged 5-11 years old
- Healthy eating and nutrition session
- Reading (Vision RCL library)
The programme is running in partnership with StreetGames. Children will be provided with hands on cooking sessions with all participants and advise them on healthy eating. The children will be provided with healthy breakfast, two course lunch and healthy snack.
Vision RCL libraries will provide staff to come in and deliver a fun literacy session. The aim of the session is for children to maintain their literacy skills throughout holidays.