Talking to children about adoption
Adoptive parents often worry about how to tell their child they are adopted. At some point all children will question their parents about where they come from to try to understand who they are. Telling your child they are adopted can cause anxiety and be a stressful time. Remember that this is an important moment in your child's life and you don't want to get it wrong.
Family Lives (previously) Parentline Plus can help parents in a number of different ways:
- You can look at their guidance and advice on their website
- You can call and talk to them about anything that is worrying you
- You can download information from their website
- You can call and they will send you a copy of any of their leaflets free of charge.
Who to contact
- 0808 800 2222 or 0800 783 6783 (minicom) 0808 800 2222 or 0800 783 6783 (minicom)
- Scan to visit this website
Time / Date Details
- When is it on
- Seven days a week - 7.00am to 12.00am
- Age Ranges