The Early Years and Childcare Improvement Team (EYCIT) replaced what were previously known as the Pedagogy Advisory Team and Childcare Development Teams. The team offers a comprehensive support package to Early Years Settings across the borough.
The team is split into two localities with each locality offering support to settings in their local area. As Redbridge is so varied in demography and socio-economically, this will ensure that the most relevant support is offered according to the needs of the area. The three areas are as follows:
- North/South: Central Ilford, Newbury Park, Barkingside, Chigwell, Hainault, Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath areas
- North/West: Wanstead, Woodford, South Woodford, Clayhall, North Ilford, Gants Hill areas
Each Locality is made up of the following EYCIT officers:
- EYCIT Locality Leads: supporting all early years settings with the learning and teaching aspect of their provision.
- Early Years Improvement Officers: work with Early Years settings on the welfare and safeguarding aspect of their provision and ensuring they meet the requirements of the EYFS.
- Childminding Development Officers (CDOs): support childminders with all different aspects of their practice including paperwork and the Quality Assurance Scheme
- SEN Inclusion Adviser & SEN Coordinators: Supporting settings offering Early Education and children to children with a special educational need or disability.
The following EYCIT officers focus on specific areas but cover all localities:
- 2 Year Old Champion: Working across all localities the 2 Year Old Champion is based within EYCIT and provides support to settings offering 2 Year Old Funding or those wishing to offer these funded places
- Childcare Liaison Officer (CLO): Based in EYCIT Locality teams the CLO provides business support advice to settings and supports the FEEE processes.
For named contacts within Redbridge Early Years please sign into MARCO.