Day of the Dead - Redbridge Arts Festival - Saturday 4th November 2023
Redbridge Central Library is hosting an arts festival on Saturday 4 November. Please see below for additional information regarding accessibility on the day. Please do feel free to share this!
You are invited to join Redbridge Culture & Libraries on Saturday 4 November for a vibrant celebration of life & death in this family friendly arts festival inspired by festivals and traditions from around the world.
We are making the festival accessible to a wider audience by offering:
- Relaxed hours and familiarisation from 10am -1pm.
- Day of the Dead Film Club- a relaxed screening of an animated film that follows the adventures of a young boy who is accidentally transported to the Land of the Dead. 10:30- 1pm.
- 1pm) A BSL signed 30 min show called ‘October Fiesta’ an interactive children’s theatre show inspired by the Mexican Day of the Dead and reimagined traditional stories about life and death in the animal kingdom. By ITZATNA Arts
- 3pm) BSL signed storytelling: The Long Barrow with Minnie Wilkinson.
- An Easy Read document about what to expect on the day.
- Barkingside Art Club (BAC) are running inclusive Pop-Up print workshops.
- Attendees have the chance to design patterns using pre-designed Kahlo-inspired linocuts.
BAC are supporting children on the Autistic Spectrum with The Spectrum Studio 11am- 12pm.
- A Touch Tour of the decorative art (times tbc)
- Quiet area for ‘time out’
To book, please visit Day of the Dead • Vision RCL some activities have a small fee, many are free but should still be booked as capacity may be limited.
Who to contact
- Redbridge Outdoor Arts - Vision RCL
- Scan to visit this website