Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Redbridge
The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) works within Children’s Services and should be alerted to all cases in which it is alleged that a person who works with children has:
- behaved in a way that has harmed, or may have harmed, a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against children, or related to a child
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates s/he is unsuitable to work with children.
The LADO role applies to paid, unpaid, volunteer, casual, agency and self-employed workers. They capture concerns, allegations or offences emanating from outside of work. The LADO is involved from the initial phase of the allegation through to the conclusion of the case.
They will provide advice, guidance and help to determine whether the allegation sits within the scope of the procedures.
The LADO helps co-ordinate information-sharing with the right people and will also monitor and track any investigation, with the aim to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Helen Curtis
- Contact Position
- Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- 020 8708 5350 020 8708 5350
Based at Lynton House, 255-259 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1NN
Cover for the LADO is provided by the Safeguarding and Care Planning Team during leave periods and outside of the above days. Contact details:
- Safeguarding and Care Planning Team: 020 8708 5150
- Safeguarding and Care Planning Team Admin support: 020 8708 5370
Where to go
Lynton House 255-259
- IG1 1NN
- View IG1 1NN on a map