Child Maintenance Options

What is Child Maintenance?

Child maintenance is regular, reliable financial support that helps towards a child's everyday living costs. The parent without the main day-to-day care of the child (the non-resident parent) pays child maintenance to the parent with the main day-to-day care (the parent with care). In some cases, the person receiving child maintenance can be a grandparent or guardian.

You and the other parent may decide to arrange child maintenance yourselves (a private agreement) or you may want help to set up an agreement.

Further links to Child Maintenance and Child Support Agency information are available below.

Whichever option you choose, the easiest way for the non-resident parent to pay child maintenance is direct to the parent with care. This can be done by standing order from the non-resident parent's bank or building society account, to the account of the parent with care.

Who to contact

0800 988 0988 0800 988 0988
Scan to visit this website


Age Ranges

Related Links

Child Maintenance Options
Arranging child maintenance through the Child Support Agency or Child Maintenance Service
Contact the Child Support Agency (CSA)
Complain about the Child Support Agency (CSA)


Save to Shortlist

Last Updated

Last updated:

Skip back to top of page