What is a Childcare Grant?
Full-time higher education students with children can apply for a Childcare Grant. The grant helps with childcare costs for children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs.
Am I eligible?
To qualify for a Childcare Grant the following has to apply:
- you must be a permanent resident in England
- the children listed in the grant application must be financially dependent on you
- your childcare provider must be on the Ofsted Early Years Register or General Childcare Register - check with your provider
- if your child is cared for at home, the carer can’t be a relative and will need to be registered with an appropriate body - please check with Student Finance England
- your child must be under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs