What is an Advanced Learning Loan?
If you’re aged 24 or older, you can apply for a loan to help cover tuition fees for courses starting on or after 1 August 2016.
You won’t have to pay anything back until you’re earning over £21,000 a year.
Am I eligible?
To get a loan you must be:
- 24 or older on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
- living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this
- starting your course on or after 1 August 2013
- taking an eligible course that’s level 3 or above (such as A levels or a higher or advanced apprenticeship)
- studying at a college or training organisation in England approved for public funding
How do I claim?
You’ll be able to apply online or by post from April 2013 for courses starting between 1 August 2013 and 31 July 2014. Please see the website provided for further information.